Challenge Lovers- Listen up!
I don't know about you- but I love a challenge, so this year I am inviting you to join in my hair growth challenge.
I am trying to recruit 100 women to grow their hair with me this summer- this challenge is not for the light-hearted trust me!!
1) Join my social network: http://www.grow-it-long.ning.com/ and join the group:
'Summer hair growth- (via hiding your hair) Chalengees'
2) Pick a protective style to use to help you grow your hair for the next 6 months.
3) Take a picture of your hair as it is now- post it to the group page on the http://www.grow-it-long.ning.com/
4) Follow a strict haircare regime: eg:
My protective style for maximum growth is braids:
The regime I will follow is...
- I will be Co-washing (conditioner washing) my hair every other day
- Oiling my scalp with my GROW-It-Long Serum growth oil at least 3 times a week
- Moisturising my hair with my leave-in conditioner and oil mixture every other day
- Re-doing my protective style after 3 months and 3 weeks
- Using no direct heat in my hair
- Sleeping with a plastic cap on my head to keep my hair moist and maximise my growth
- Taking my supplements: Multi-vitamins, MSM, Iron, Chlorella.
- Drinking at least a 1.5l of water a day
- Eating plenty of protein rich foods- fish, beans, lentils, soya etc
Sign up at www.Grow-it-long.ning.com by June 29th midnight.
To help you out check out this:
Protective styles include:
Full head weaves
Why not try to do your own ' protective style'
Its not as hard as you might think!
or just do some braids:
Growth acchieved with braid exstensions left in for 3 months!
DIY Braid extension tutorial:
You will be pleasantly surprised at what you growth and thickness can be accieved by leaving your hair alone to grow for a few months!
Maximise your growth like I do with this great hair oil: