It certainly is not an easy choice to make especially since you may have been relaxing your hair since you were 10 years old!
So what now??
Its only been 2 weeks since your usual re-touch day and your mind keeps wondering onto the pretty boxes of relaxers on the top shelf in your local hair-care shop!
Try to be strong and resist the temptation to relax again. Its a bit like when you quit smoking cigarettes- you need to wean yourself off slowly!
The most addictive white stuff known to woman! creamy crack...relaxers
1) You will never have to suffer from a burning scalp again!
2) You will save money £££££££, as you no longer need to visit the hairdressers for re-touches...
3) Your hair will over time regain its natural thickness and BODY!
4) Your hair will feel and be stronger- as relaxing hair can often make it weak and thin.
5) Your scalp will begin to be healthier- it will not feel so dry
6) You will retain length much easier - providing the hair is well moisturised and maintained!
7) That portion of your hair that seems to get shorter with every re-touch will grow again as it is not being OVER-PROCESSED- in particular the back/nape area of the head!
8) You will have to spend more time getting to know how to handle your natural texture.
9) You will feel a sense of liberation, as you look forward to A NEW YOU- HAIR IS DEAD- BUT YOU CAN MAKE YOUR’S ALIVE AGAIN!
10) You may even notice that your natural hair was never that bad to begin with!
Learn to love your unique hair texture....
Keeping The hair Healthy whilst you TRANSITION from Relaxed-Natural
Try to wash your hair at least once or twice a week to keep the scalp clean to encourage growth.
Use a conditioner to rinse your hair with at least 3 times a week- it helps with tangling!
Decide on whether you want to do a BIG CHOP and get rid of the relaxed hair or whether you will trim it off as the re-growth grows out.
Take time when handling your hair as the two different textures you will experience will be difficult to handle. Your hair will be very fragile due to this so take your time with it.
Handle your hair only with conditioner in it, it is easier to manage this way- and less likely to break.
If you decide to keep the relaxed hair until your natural hair has grown to a decent length then try a PROTECTIVE STYLE- to help your hair grow out and prevent damage to it.
Try any of these PROTECTIVE Styles:
MOISTURISE daily- especially the re-growth.
Massage your scalp to promote GROWTH and use a GROWTH stimulating scalp oil like the GROW-it Long Serum Scalp oil or the ROOT ENERGiZER scalp tonic...to make your hair grow thicker and nourrish your roots...(see below)
The ROOT ENERGiZER & GROW-it-long Scalp oils (100% ALL-NATURAL)...great for thicker hair and growth
For those who CAN'T stop relaxing:
If you feel that to stop relaxing is not for you, but you still want healthier hair, then read on...
Try to S-T-R-E-T-C-H O-U-T the length of time between your usual re-touches.
So relax every 3 months instead of every 4 weeks- this will help your hair to thicken up as you will have less chance of over-processing the already relaxed hair when you re-touch.
Lessen the amount of time you relax your hair for- i.e, instead of leaving the relaxer on for 20 minutes leave it on for 10 mins, this will leave you with some natural body in your hair.
Use a protective style to help you STRETCH out your next relaxer. By wearing braids or a wig you will have an easier time when trying to stretch as your hair is out of the way and not manipulated.
Deep condition regularly
Take time with your hair
Try to only comb- using a wide tooth comb when your hair is saturated with conditioner or oil.
6 weeks of thick healthy growth acchieved using a protective style and the GROW-it-long serum scalp oil
Whatever you decide to do...you can have healthier hair if you stick to a simple haircare regime and treat your tresses like silk...
E-mail me at email@example.com for details of how to buy the ROOT2TiP 'GROW-it-long Serum Scalp Oil and the ROOT ENERGiZER Scalp tonic
100% All- Natural Haircare Products
That really do CARE for Your Hair!!